All the Muck That's Fit to Rake

All the Muck is a blog that will look at a host of issues: politics; rhetoric; environmental problems; education; social justice; urban planning (or lack thereof); music; sports; and the beauty of living one's life via simplicity and taking it easy.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

This Super Bowl should be renamed...

The Fragile Psyche Bowl: Manning vs. Grossman.

Although I'm an SEC fan, I rooted for both the 'Aints and the Pats today. The people of Nawlens needed that win, and I've been tired of Peyton Manning's histronics since he played for the Tennessee Viles.

Add the Manning lovefest that ESPN regularly pumped out or still churns out (repeated shots of Archie at Ole Miss games, NFL experts' man-crushes on Peyton) and add Peyton's overexposure via the relentless barrage of those damn commercials, and I'm pulling for the embattled Gator in this bout. And Chicago is by far a better city than Indy. No contest there.

Chicago wins.

Peyton never could beat a Gator. Just ask Spurrier.

2 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not a Rams fan if you were rooting for the Pats. I don't like Manning either, but I hate Brady and Belichek.
D. Dink

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Quintilian B. Nasty said...

I see what you're saying, but my hatred of the slack-jawed Manning clan trumps my dislike for the Pats.

QBN

 

Post a Comment

<< Home